Australia Flooding Results in Postage Delay
Please see the below for updates on deliveries due to the flooding in both NSW and QLD. The attached is a rather detailed list for your reference.
BRISBANE AREA AND SUNSHINE COAST
· With the Brisbane River due to peak at midday we will not know full impact of road closures but will be making deliveries as normal where we can
· With flood waters still affecting Bundaberg, Rockhampton and Gympie there will be no deliveries made in these areas today
· There are road closures in Ipswich and surrounding areas delaying deliveries in these areas
TOWNSVILLE AREA AND NORTH QLD
· Due to road closures in Gin Gin trucks travelling from Brisbane are currently utilising western (inland) routes to access Mackay, Townsville and Cairns which will be adding travel time
· Tully and Mission Beach areas south of Cairns are currently cut off due to flood waters
· Flooding around Sutherland, Glenfield, Prestons, Kensington, Rozelle and Frenchs Forest - diversions are in place with minimal deliveries affected
WOLLONGONG – SOUTH COAST
· Princess Highway and Illawarra Highway has flooding in South Nowra and Albion Park – diversions are in place with minimal deliveries affected
· Port Macquarie are running normal services southbound and are running north as far as and including Coffs Harbour. Any deliveries north of Coffs Harbour will be made when conditions improve and it is safe to do so
· All services are running as normal in the Tamworth area
· Flooding around Singleton on the Golden Highway affecting delivery times in these areas
Australia Post is doing all they can to keep post items moving as much as possible, and appreciates your understanding and patience during this time.
We are sorry to have this announce. If there is any update and relief of the Australia Postage Crush, we will update on this official blog to let our customers have the first-hand and most up-to-date information.